These Cheesy Pineapple Prosciutto Bites taste a bit fancy, but they’re an easy, 3-ingredient appetizer or snack! I am completely obsessed with these. They’re sweet, but savory, light, yet rich in flavor. The sweet, juicy pineapple is topped with rich sharp cheddar and wrapped in crispy, salty prosciutto to make a perfect bite, exploding with flavor. These Cheesy Pineapple Prosciutto Bites would be great anytime of year, but I love them as a summer pool snack or easy-to-grab appetizer at a backyard barbecue. They’ll also make great football food come Fall or a New Year’s Eve party app in the winter. With just three ingredients, it’s equally convenient to whip these up for guests or just make a few for yourself. Who needs an occasion? Plus, these tasty skewered bites are just 28 calories or 1 WW Freestyle SmartPoints each!
Looking for more great lightened up appetizers and finger foods like this Cheesy Pineapple Prosciutto Bites? Check out my Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, 7 Layer Dip, Turkey Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms, Chocolate Hummus, Buffalo Deviled Eggs, Cheesy Bacon BBQ Chicken Taquitos, Spinach Artichoke Wonton Bites, Meatball Slider Bombs, Cheesecake Fruit Dip, Ranch Hummus, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Cheeseburger Egg Rolls, Pepperoni Pizza Dip, Baked Un-Fried Pickles, Ham and Cheese Twists, Pizza Logs, Loaded Potato Rounds, Easy Garlic Knots, Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, BLT Dip, Pepperoni Pull-Apart Muffins, Cheesy Spinach Pinwheels, Spicy Beef Taquitos, Enchilada Cheese Rolls, Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts, Spinach and Artichoke Dip and more in the appetizer section of my recipe index!
Cheesy Pineapple Prosciutto Bites
- 8 oz of peeled and cored pineapple, cut into 16 (1/2 oz each) chunks
- 2 oz sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 16 (1/8 oz each) squares
- 2 oz thinly sliced prosciutto cut into 16 long strips (my slices were ½ oz each, so I cut each slice into four long strips)
*you’ll also want to have 16 toothpicks to make these easy to pick up and eat
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place one square of cheese on top of a chunk of pineapple and wrap a strip of the prosciutto around the outside. Place cheese-side-up on the parchment-lined baking sheet and stick a toothpick down through the center. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 16 pieces.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until the prosciutto has darkened in color and become crispy and the pieces are warm throughout. Serve warm.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints:
1 per piece (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
1 per piece (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers brand PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
Nutrition Information per piece:
28 calories, 2 g carbs, 1 g sugars, 2 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)