This One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta blog post is sponsored by Almond Breeze. The content and opinions expressed here are that of Emily Bites.
This One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta is an easy, lightened-up comfort food dish that’s sure to become a staple in your household. With a creamy, dreamy sauce that’s dairy-free using Almond Breeze Unsweetened almondmilk, this satisfying dish is full of flavor. I used mushrooms and spinach alongside the chicken and pasta to add some fresh, healthy vegetables. If mushrooms aren’t your favorite, feel free to substitute broccoli, asparagus, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, or whatever else you prefer! I absolutely love one-pot meals because my least favorite part of cooking is cleaning up. A one-pot recipe means less dishes to wash, which means more time to enjoy the meal with your family! This One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta tastes like decadent comfort food, but each serving is only 331 calories or 7 WW Freestyle SmartPoints. Your family will never guess it’s lightened up!
If you keep a dairy-free diet, you’re probably already a big fan of Almond Breeze almondmilks. I personally consume plenty of dairy, but I love Almond Breeze Unsweetened almondmilk because it’s a tasty low calorie, low sugar alternative to cow’s milk. A cup of Almond Breeze Unsweetened almondmilk has 30 calories and 0 grams of sugar, and is still a fantastic source of calcium and vitamins. Not only does it provide all of this nutrition with less calories and sugar, it also tastes great on its own and in recipes like this one. In addition to loving their almondmilk, I’m also a big fan of Almond Breeze’s almondmilk creamer, both in my coffee and in recipes, so make sure to take a look at my recipe for Strawberry Almond Cream Pancakes using Almond Breeze almondmilk creamer!
Looking for more tasty, lightened-up, one-pot meals? Check out my One-Pot Mediterranean Chicken with Orzo, One-Pot Barbecue Chicken Mac and Cheese, One-Pot Spicy Dirty Rice with Chicken and Sausage, Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet, Beef Enchilada Pasta Skillet, Turkey Sloppy Joe Pasta, Chicken Pot Pasta, Mexican Chicken Cauliflower Rice Skillet, Thai Turkey with Carrot Noodles, Lemon Chicken Orzo with Tomatoes and Asparagus, Rustic Sausage and Potato Skillet, Beef Stroganoff, Beefy American Goulash, One-Pot Cincinnati Chili Spaghetti Bake, Cheesy Chicken Veggie Pasta Skillet, Sausage Tortellini Skillet, Beef Barley Skillet and more in the One-Pot Meals section of my recipe index!
One-Pot Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
Yield: 8 (1 cup) servings
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ lbs uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 8 oz sliced Baby Bella mushrooms (you can also use white mushrooms)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened almondmilk
- 2 ½ cups reduced sodium nonfat chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon powder or paste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 oz uncooked pasta (I used farfalle/bowties)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven or other large pot, bring one tablespoon of the olive oil over med-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chopped chicken (if you over-crowd the pan the chicken will not brown, so you may want to do this in two batches) and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the chicken and stir together. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are softened. Transfer the chicken and mushrooms to a side plate and cover with aluminum foil until needed. Discard any remaining liquid in the pot.
- Add the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil to the empty pot and bring over medium heat. When the oil is hot, whisk in the flour, salt and black pepper until combined with the oil and continue to whisk for 1-2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almondmilk a little at a time until combined, creamy and smooth. Add the broth, bouillon and oregano and whisk to combine, scraping up any remaining brown bits from cooking the chicken.
- Increase the heat to med-high and stir occasionally until boiling. Add the pasta and reduce the heat to med-low. Cook for 10 minutes uncovered, stirring every 2 minutes or so to prevent sticking.
- When the pasta is cooked and the sauce is thickened, reduce the heat to low and stir in the lemon juice, spinach, and the reserved chicken and mushrooms and stir until thoroughly combined. Cook for another few minutes until the spinach is wilted and all ingredients are heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
WW Freestyle SmartPoints:
7 per (1 cup) serving (SPs calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
9 per (1 cup) serving (PP calculated using a WW PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition info below)
Nutrition Information per (1 cup) serving:
331 calories, 30 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 12 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 27 g protein, 3 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)